Vacation Security Checks
The Effingham County Sheriff's Office can offer an added sense of security when you go out of town or on vacation. Taking advantage of our Security Check program, you can make sure that your residence or business if looked after. While you are away an Effingham County Sheriff's Deputy will regularly check on your residence or business to make sure that it has not been burglarized. If anything out of the ordinary is found at your property while you are away someone from your emergency contact list will be contacted. The frequency of these security checks will depend on active call for service volume. Priority calls will take precedence.
- 24 hour notice should be given prior to requesting a Security Check.
- All Security Checks requested for a residence or business will be for a minimum of 2 days and a maximum of 14 days.
- Any residence or business that is considered active real estate will be excluded.
- The residence or business must be vacated throughout the duration of the security check. If someone will be staying on the property then it will not qualify for a Security Check.
- The property owner or designee is responsible for requesting the security check as well as calling to notify the Sheriff's Office upon their return.
- During Natural Disasters all Security Checks may be suspended.
The Effingham County Sheriff's Office cannot guarantee that your residence or business will be checked at specific times or dates. Rest assured that every effort will be made to check on your residence or business as time and call for service volume allow.
If you are interested in signing up for a Security Check, please fill out the form below. You can submit the form online or you can fill out and print the form to deliver it in person. Upon returning to your residence or business be sure to contact the Effingham County Sheriff's Office with your pre-designated password to suspend your Security Check.